by Nathan Williams | 27th Jan 2022
DesYIgning Digital Youth Services is a practical course that aims to empower third sector youth organisations in Wales to digitally transform services using the Service Design methodology.
Over eight weeks, individuals or teams from organisations will be supported to design, test and develop new digital /hybrid services or rethink existing services.
During this programme you’ll:
– Get the opportunity to solve a real-life challenge that your organisation is facing
– Dedicate time and space to test out new ideas and approaches
– Learn new things about your service users and their needs
– Receive mentoring and guidance from digital experts
– Learn how to develop digital services that are person-centred through using the Service Design methodology
– Experiment with new digital tools
– Gain access to the DesYIgn toolkit and resources
Who is this course for?
To register for this free course, you must work for a Welsh third sector organisation that delivers services for/with young people.
To ensure you get the best training experience, we would encourage two people per organisation to attend the course, although this is not essential. Each person needs to register individually.
Participants must commit to 3-4 hours of learning per week over eight weeks.
What’s the course format?
This is an eight-week e-learning course, with approximately 3-4 hours per week of self-study and project work. You will be allocated new tasks each week that you can complete anytime during that week. There are two scheduled webinars, but everything else is flexible as long as your course work is completed within the eight weeks.
– Introduction Webinar – March 7th, 2-4pm
– Closing Webinar – 28th April, 2-4pm
The application deadline is 18th Feb. Acceptance will depend on the number of applications and suitability. Applicants will be informed about the outcome of their application by 21st Feb.
The eLearning course and materials were created by a partnership of youth practitioners from across Europe led by ERYICA with the support of the Erasmus+ programme in 2021.
Welsh Government is funding the facilitation of the course through the Newid programme. Newid is a digital skills support and development programme for the third sector in Wales. It is a partnership between ProMo-Cymru, Wales Co-operative Centre and WCVA and supported by The Centre for Digital Public Services. We will be running further courses in May that will be made available to the wider third sector.
Have any questions, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- *All materials developed for the course are available in both Welsh and English; however, we are not responsible for the language availability of any external reading or recommended resources. There will be a Welsh language course trainer available. We are currently testing offering this course as one, rather than separating it into Welsh and English, and we welcome contributions in either language. This is a participative course that encourages discussion between participants. If there are enough numbers, we will facilitate Welsh language discussion groups, but if numbers are low, and for you to benefit the most from group learning, we will facilitate mixed language groups that welcome contributions in Welsh or English. Our Welsh language trainer will be on hand to chat and translate your comments.